Drummonds was founded by William Drummond in Stirling, Scotland in 1760.
Originally sellers of a wide range of seeds, including flowers, vegetable and grass seeds, the company also distributed bulbs and nursery stock. Many years later the Drummond family established a similar business in Ireland with two shops in central Dublin and national distribution for all its products. In 1972, Drummonds added an agricultural division to its business based in Clonee, trading in grain, fertiliser, chemicals and agricultural seeds.
The company, over time, increased its branch network, opening grain intake points at Ardee, Drogheda, Kells, Knockbridge, Dromore and Navan. A seed manufacturing facility was developed at Drogheda and a ruminant feed manufacturing mill at Navan. Drummonds has over the years initiated a significant capital investment programme and developed the business across a more complete range of product lines, the animal feeds business has been developed and a chain of farm hardware shops added at our existing branches.
They also supply a comprehensive range of agricultural inputs including fertilisers, agro-chemicals and animal feeds; their fields-men liaise directly with farmers imparting advice on crop and animal nutrition.